Old Union School http://www.cedarcountyhistoricalsociety.com/apps/photos/ Old Union School The first public high school west of the Mississippi was established in Tipton in 1856. http://www.cedarcountyhistoricalsociety.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=59347893 59347893 Unknown date http://www.cedarcountyhistoricalsociety.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=59347894 59347894 Monument that stands in front of what remains of the school. http://www.cedarcountyhistoricalsociety.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=59347895 59347895 Plaque embedded in the building. http://www.cedarcountyhistoricalsociety.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=59347896 59347896 The east wing of the Union School as it appears today (sans porch) http://www.cedarcountyhistoricalsociety.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=59347897 59347897 Danny celebrating his victory over the added-on porch! http://www.cedarcountyhistoricalsociety.com/apps/photos/photo?photoID=59347898 59347898